Organiz is a platform that transforms grassroots voices into lasting progressive power using social media. Organiz is built in collaboration with digital organizers.
About the role
An experienced React developer to help develop and iterate on the Organiz web app. You will be responsible for iterating on the product quickly over the course of the next 6 months.
- Architectural Design: Help map out the architecture of our frontend and backend to incorporate new features.
- Backend: Help build out backend infrastructure with Node, Apollo, Mongodb, Redis, etc.
- Frontend: Build our frontend to work responsively on desktop and mobile devices.
- Collaborate closely with project leads on design and implementation
You are someone who is excited to work on a startup, is comfortable with ambiguity, and iterating quickly. Most of all you are excited to create tools to help progressive organizers win!
- 2+ years with React.js
- 2+ years writing Backend APIs(preferably Node.js) and designing databases
- Experience working with a React UI framework like Material-UI
- Comfortable with rapid web prototyping
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Next.js, and/or server-side rendered web development
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience developing progressive web apps
- Experience with Augmented Reality(WebGL), video, image processing/manipulation
- Passion for using technology for social impact
$30-$40/hour. This is a flexible, part-time to full time position, 15 - 40 hours a week. Remote work, always, even post COVID (post?) Potential for equity.
How to apply Please send link to your Github, a deployed project of yours, and a brief note on why you’re a great fit for the role to email@example.com